Does this sound familiar?
You’re not doing it right because … or, “Real” photographers:
- Don’t use digital, or if they do, only full-size sensors with gigapixels!
- You use Nikon? Canon? Real photos are only taken with Leica cameras and lenses!
- Only use analog with prime lenses. No zoom lenses
- Only black and white and self-developed!
- Only use “real” paper and “real” developer to process their prints.
- Only use a view camera
- Only use a view camera with glass plates!!!
Well, if you come into woodworking, it’s very similar:
- What? You use power tools? You’re not making real woodworking projects!
- What? You use biscuits and pocket hole screws??? Not real stuff!
- You say that you don’t use recycled/reclaimed/repurposed wood? Shame!
- All of your power tools are green? They should be yellow, because only the yellow ones are worth anything! No! No! They have to be red!
- You mean you don’t use hand-carved dovetail joints?!
- You cannot possibly tell me that you can get anything worthwhile done within a week. If you’re not spending months on it, just burn the damn thing!
Fun stuff! So, I figured that I could “do it right” if I got a truckload of “raw” lumber! Anyone want to stop by and help me to unload it? It would be ridiculous to use machines to do it! I mean, cheapens the end product, right? 😀